Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Know your (event) sources

A loooong time ago I wrote this tutoral on JavaScript events, in which I included a cross-browser event handling script called addEvent.

Today, Peter-Paul Koch: addEvent Considered Harmful. And he's right, you can get into all kinds of headaches using IE's attachEvent method, as my own addEvent snippet does. Be sure to read the ensuing comment thread for some interesting alternative approaches.

Caveat implementor, my friends.

PS: I'm rather pleased that something I wrote merits a "considered harmful" treatise! I'm in good company.

1 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Imran Hashmi said...

Hi

Please can any one help me to manage a stick up footer on the website for IE 5.0 +. I Think its with CSS or Javascript r both.

As you can see 1 on http://www.bmw.co.uk

thanks

Imran Hashmi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home